Empowering the developing world by providing access, education, implementing technology, and supporting environmentally responsible solutions
Since 1997 we have helped over 14.5 million people worldwide. We have provided over 260,000 computers in over 100 countries, enabling over 1 billion hours of learning.
We believe that technology has become a necessity for education because it creates a better learning environment. Computers allow easy communication and access to educational resources. Today Computer Aid is one of the leading ICT4D organizations in the world.
We make this happen by
- Providing access to low-cost computers and software for non-profit organisations
- Training teachers in ICT skills to improve their confidence when teaching
- Monitoring and evaluating our projects with impact-based reporting
- Placing our projects in areas where they will have the biggest impact
- Offering a secure IT disposal service to help companies tackle eWaste
- Recycling electronic waste at the end of its usable life
In the UK and Europe, we work with organisations to reuse their computers and accessories. We give ICT equipment a second life through our partners and projects around the world. By offering a secure IT disposal service we can help companies to ethically dispose of their spare tech while remaining compliant with GDPR, WEEE, and Hazardous Waste regulations.
The challenge is enormous, but our ambition is huge. Over the last 20 years, we have seen how ICT4D can provide amazing opportunities, donate today to help us close the digital divide for good.