We offer free data wiping, asset tracking and provide all of the necessary forms required.
Computer Aid collects IT equipment from businesses and organisations of all sizes. We professionally refurbish tablets, phones, and computers donated by companies like yours, and distribute them at home in the UK and in developing countries to ensure that everyone has a chance to learn basic 21st-century skills.
Thanks to our partnership with professional IT refurbisher Tier 1, we guarantee to handle your equipment and data with the highest level of security.
By donating your equipment to Computer Aid, not only you are guaranteed that 0% of your e-waste goes to landfill but also:
- Receive a fully detailed report of recycled vs refurbished equipment that you can incorporate in your sustainability report at the end of your financial year.
- Be compliant with the Environmental Agency regulations and the WEEE directives.
- Be informed within 3 months of where your equipment has been allocated and what projects you will be helping by giving your computers a second life.
- Increase your CSR engagement and enable your employees to get involved with the charity through advocacy, training or fundraising.
All equipment will be dealt with under the following ISO accreditations and Data management certifications:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard
- ISO 27001 Information Security Standard
- ADISA (Asset Disposal & Information Security Alliance) fully accredited business (Distinction with Honors)
- ADISA (Asset disposal and information security alliance) Advisory Board member
We will continue to provide full reporting to provide documentary evidence that all services comply with current legal obligations under WEEE, Data Protection, Hazardous Waste and Duty of Care.
Organisations have an obligation under the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that confidential data about employees or customers is not disclosed without the consent of the individual concerned. Both Computer Aid and Tier 1 are registered in accordance with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
We use Blancco 5 solution for data destruction, which guarantees the unrecoverable removal of 100% of data. This free-of-charge service means companies can be sure that none of their data can be retrieved and that they are fully compliant with the Data Protection Act. Hard disks that are faulty or that cannot be wiped of data are destroyed securely.
Computer Aid International offers a complete service to companies replacing their IT hardware. With 20 years of expertise in IT asset management, including data destruction, computer refurbishment, reuse, and recycling we have now decided to increase the security of our service by working with Tier 1. This means that our donors will still receive a complete data erasure service through Blancco as well as all the WEEE regulated documentation, but also benefit from the following:
- On-site asset scanning and secure transportation of IT assets – This means that all vans used to transport your equipment will be geo-tracked from your site to the List X refurbishment facility in Manchester.
- Free asset tracking – We can now send you a detailed report with all information regarding each asset donated, i.e. serial number, hard drive etc and inform you within a month of what will be reused or recycled from the equipment decommissioned.
If you would like to talk to someone about Computer Aid’s decommissioning services in more details or book in a collection, please contact Darren or call 020 8361 5540 for more information about a collection